After the success of our 2017 Patchwork Poem and also to mark National Poetry Day 2018 (celebrated on Thursday 4th October), the Federation of Writers Scotland would like to invite members to contribute to a Patchwork Poem on this year’s NPD theme of ‘Change’. A Patchwork Poem is assembled from fragments of poetry from many contributors, and we’re asking Federation members to supply the fragments for last year’s Federation Makar Andy Jackson to edit into a poem. Members can supply single lines, short poems or extracts from whole poems on the theme of Change, and Andy will select pertinent lines from submitted work and arrange them into a coherent new poem. The resulting poem will be published on the Federation website on National Poetry Day.
- The project welcomes contributions from FWS members. If you aren’t yet a member you are welcome to join!
- Single lines, poetry fragments or whole poems should be sent to Andy at email@example.com no later than September 1st.
- Submissions can be new work or previously published.
- While we would endeavour to use work from as many writers as possible it may not be possible to include submissions from everybody. All members whose lines are selected will be credited on the site.
- The Patchwork poem will be published on the Federation website on NPD 4th October..
To give you some idea what the results might look like, see here for last year’s FWS Patchwork poem.